Things are moving along pretty well for now. Since I've automated so much over the past 2-3 years, it's been pretty straightforward to gather data for additional applications.
I'm now down to my last app of the 4 in my primary dataset, which is awesome.
If the data continue to look "right" for the apps, I should be able to schedule my defense for some time toward the end of January.
Another thing I'm working on is a list of follow-ups that the research technique itself and the resulting data suggest would be good things to research next. Of course I'm hoping that I won't be the one doing any significant additional work, but tracking these helps me get them off of my mind while I finish up my own analysis. I've found that to be a pretty helpful benefit in general - I sleep much better once I have good TODO lists on the project, daily, and "someday maybe" levels.